Sunday, November 13, 2016

It Sure Is Easier to Post When I Get a Typewirter


No wonder I have not been writing. Needless to say Mrs. M has been getting quite angry over my clutter.

I did organize my radio desk.  Does that count?
 The top row is my secondary equipment and on the bottom is my primary equipment.  The top is a Yaesu FT-101ZD complete station except for the YP-150 dummy load / wattmeter.

The Drake 7-Line is almost complete.  I need to get a CW-75 keyer to replace the MFJ sitting on the external VFO.  In 2017 I hope to get the L-7 amplifier just so I have one.  I did not want to spend the money to get the one on Ebay last week for a great price and it was like new.  It even had made in USA Eimac finals in it!
Mrs. M would have killed me since I recently had a TenTec 422 from my friend's  dad's estate follow me home.

I am planning a post on my radio blog on the Drake and my friend's dad. He was one of my ham radio elmers and is now a SK.  Silent Key.  When we move on to our eternal ham radio shack whether or not we still use the Morse Code we are still a Silent Key.

Funny how there are different terms for different losses in Radio and TV.  Radio stations that go off the air as many daytimers did; they become silent.  TV stations that go off the air; they go dark.

How do we describe the demise of AT&T and the Bell System?  AT&T as we know it is no longer the mighty communications giant they once were.  It all started before SBE communications bought them. Remember the lopsided stupid decision with MCI?

This is one of the amplifiers I am going to modify. I got it last year and thought I'd have it on the air by Thanksgiving 2015.  Almost by this Thanksgiving, but we have other plans.

Another jewel in my radio collection.  This one only will need a vacuum relay to meet my standards.  It is not broadcast quality, but I have no room for a nice RCA, Collins, Gates, or other commercial a.m. transmitter.  I did in PA.  I had two 500w transmitters in the living room and an F.M. in the back living room. The studio was the dining room.  No Mrs. M back then in the days of fun.

There is a saying that one must get the clutter out of their life to be happy.  I would if I had room for things!

Too much junk!!!! NO! Radios and typewriters everywhere.  It is only junk to the uninformed.

This is all the damage at our house from the hurricane.

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha, that is some impressive clutter!

    Love the typeface on your SM9. I've never had one like that.

    Isn't it nice that typewriters can serve as a common ground for people of such diverse political, religious, and other backgrounds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah, those photos make me feel better about my clutter! It is impossible, I find, to keep a desk clear. Nice typeface on that SM9 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Bill you have a lot of stuff. The shelf on your radio shelf made me smile, it's struggling a wee bit there ☺ I do agree with you in that everyone has collections that others may not understand but that are still relevant and treasured by the owners. I have a passion for an English magazine 'Country Homes and Interiors'.. cannot throw them away, have copies from about 20 years ago.. I add that this is the only magazine I buy, most mags are a total waste of money☺☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weird thing with the shelf is it measures 9 inches to the desk at each end and in the middle. Yet, it looks like it sags in the middle.

      Delete