Monday, January 14, 2013

Thanks to the Hermes Handbag Co.

I was not going to post at the moment, but for the regular readers of this blog I need to alert all that unless you are a member of this blog you cannot comment.  It is not that I do not like your comments, but the HERMES HANDBAG outfit is consistently spamming my blog. Therefore I have the captchas, moderation and membership all ON.  I really hate doing this, but I do not have time for spammers or internet advertisers.  It is not your, the readers fault in any way and I am not trying to limit readership or comments from real people interested in subject matter on my blog.

I appreciate every reader and their comments. Thank you for reading.

As for spammers....I won't go into a big tirade, but:

One way any manufacturer can cause me NOT to buy a product is to place an ad on top of a page I am trying to read, run an ad before a video clip or not let me kill the add as soon as it appears.

Reasoning behind this is I do get professional and trade clips, blogs and links to white papers that will splash and ad and I can immediately kill the ad.  The normal sites do not normally work that way.

Banner ads are fine.  They are at the top of the page or the bottom.  If I see something of interest I will click the ad.  A splash ad or Java script ad I will never click because they intrude on my time.  Even if I need a new car and was thinking of a particular brand/model.  If one of their ads interrupt me I will buy from the competitor.

All this is thanks to the French Hermes company.

Just my 2 cents worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment